Slow Down Sunday – Yin Yoga & Yoga NidraMasterclassTime 7-9pm – Sunday 15th Septmeber Venue - The Pilates Workshop, St. Albans, AL4 9PU
This 2 hour Yin yoga masterclass will give you the opportunity to explore your inner world longer and deeper as we stay longer in a pose, usually 3-6 minutes.
Yin Yoga is the missing part to any physical exercise, for example, yang styles of yoga, running, weight lifting, cycling etc.
This yoga works on your connective tissue (primarily fascia) and bones rather than your muscles and blood like other forms of physical activity.
Benefits of a regular Yin yoga practice
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Increases circulation
- Improves flexibility
- Releases fascia and improves joint mobility
- Balances the internal organs and improves the flow of chi or prana
Who is Yin yoga for?
· Yin yoga is for you if you are tired and craving energy or you’re over-stimulated and have too much energy; if your mind is overactive or your energy levels erratic.
· This practice is equally beneficial for males and females on a physical, mental and emotional levels and is suitable for all levels of fitness and ages. It is slow and meditative and is done mostly sitting or lying down.
After a class, you can expect to feel calmer as we access a more relaxed parasympathetic nervous system (the rest and digest part of you), a tuning in (as we sit with ourselves and get connected) and a lovely feeling of being stretched out in your own skin (as fascia releases).
The cost of this wonderful 2 hour Masterclass is £30 early bird if booked before 1 septmeber, alternatively email email@example.com or call 07970 631301.